GoBoat is seeking an experienced Human Resources (HR) Admin to lead our HR department and foster a healthy workplace culture. The HR Admin will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of human resources practices and processes.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other issues.
- Oversee the recruitment and selection process.
- Support business needs through effective HR policies and practices.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the Human Resource sections of both the Internet and Intranet.
- Create learning and development programs.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program.
- Assess training needs and monitor training programs.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of payroll, including collecting and verifying all relevant information, and collaborating with the operations department to process and disburse salaries, wages, and benefits on schedule.
- Assist in developing and maintaining crew schedules to facilitate smooth operations within the organization, including coordinating with department managers and team leads to determine staffing requirements and adjust shift rotations as necessary.
- Oversee and manage the inventory of crew-related resources, equipment, and supplies, including maintaining up-to-date inventory records, monitoring usage levels, and notifying designated personnel or the procurement department when inventory levels are low or there is a need to replenish or acquire new items.
- Effectively communicate crew responsibilities to all employees, ensuring their understanding and adherence to the company's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). This includes providing clear instructions, guidelines, and training materials, regularly communicating any updates or changes to SOPs, monitoring employee compliance, and providing necessary guidance, coaching, or corrective measures as required.
- Collaborate with department managers and supervisors to ensure consistent application of SOPs across the organization.
- Proven working experience as an HR Admin, Manager or other HR executive.
- People-oriented and results-driven.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Ability to develop strategy along with leadership skills.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
- Experience in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Proficient in using HR software and tools.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a brief cover letter detailing their experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.